Chicken Cacciatore Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken Cacciatore which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 6 skinless chicken leg and side quarters (about 3 lbs/1.5 kg)
- 2 cups (480 ml) no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's.)
- 1 can (8 ounces, or 225 g) whole mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- Guar or xanthan (optional)
Simply put everything except the guar or xanthan in a slow cooker and stir it up to combine.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 hours.
When the time's up, remove the chicken with tongs and put it in a big serving bowl.
Thicken the sauce up a little with the guar or xanthan if it needs it and ladle the sauce over the chicken.
If you like, you can serve this over Cauliflower Rice (page 212), spaghetti squash, or even low-carb pasta, but I'd probably eat it as is.
Each with 42 g protein, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 7 g usable carbs. Analysis does not include side dishes.