Chicken with Thyme and Artichokes Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken with Thyme and Artichokes which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- cup (120 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- teaspoon pepper
- 13 ounces (370 grams) canned artichoke hearts, drained
- Guar or xanthan
In a big, heavy skillet, brown the chicken in the oil over medium-high heat until golden on both sides.
Transfer to a slow cooker.
In a bowl, stir together the wine, lemon juice, bouillon, thyme, garlic, and pepper.
Pour the mixture over the chicken.
Place the artichokes on top.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 hours.
Scoop out the chicken and artichokes with a slotted spoon.
Thicken the liquid left in the pot with just enough guar or xanthan to make it the thickness of half-and-half.
Serve the chicken and artichokes, plus the sauce, over Cauliflower Rice
Each with 42 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 7 g usable carbs. Analysis does not include Cauliflower Rice.