Tuscan Chicken Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Tuscan Chicken which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 420 g) black soybeans, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) crushed tomatoes
- cup (120 ml) dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
In a big, heavy skillet, brown the chicken in the oil over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, put the onion, peppers, and soybeans in a slow cooker.
Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and beans.
In a bowl, stir together the tomatoes, wine, oregano, garlic, and bouillon.
Pour the mixture over the chicken.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 to 7 hours.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Each with 31 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs.