Italian Chicken and Vegetables Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Italian Chicken and Vegetables which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds (910 g) skinless chicken thighs
- head cabbage, cut in wedges
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces (225 g) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups (480 ml) no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt's.)
- Guar or xanthan (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Put the cabbage, onion, and mushrooms in a slow cooker.
Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
Pour the spaghetti sauce over the top.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 hours.
Thicken the sauce with guar or xanthan if needed and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Each with 46 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 3 g usable carbs.