Middle Eastern Skillet Chicken Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Middle Eastern Skillet Chicken which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon turmeric
- teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) freshly grated ginger
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
Cut the chicken breasts into cubes.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a heavy skillet and add the chicken and onions.
Saute for a couple of minutes and then stir in the coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, and pepper.
Cook until the chicken is white all over.
Add the ginger, tomatoes, garlic, and broth; stir.
Cover, turn the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Each with 14 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 13 grams of usable carbs and 26 grams of protein