Chicken Kampama Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken Kampama which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) cut-up chicken
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (160 g) chopped onion
- 1 cup (240 g) canned diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons (66 g) tomato paste
- cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- teaspoon ground allspice
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cup (60 ml) chicken broth
In a big, heavy skillet, brown the chicken all over in the butter and olive oil.
When it's golden, remove from the pan and pour off all but about 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the fat.
In that fat, saute the onion a bit.
When it's golden, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, garlic, allspice, cinnamon, and chicken broth.
Stir it all together and bring to a simmer.
Add the chicken back to the skillet, turn the heat to the lowest setting, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
Uncover and simmer for another 30 minutes and then serve.
Each with 30 g protein; 8 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 7 g usable carbs.