Orange Teriyaki Chicken Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Orange Teriyaki Chicken which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 ounces (455 g) frozen Oriental vegetable mixture, unthawed
- cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Low-Carb Teriyaki Sauce or purchased
- low-carb Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) low-sugar orange marmalade
- teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- teaspoon ground ginger
- Guar or xanthan
Pour the vegetables into a slow cooker.
Place the chicken on top.
In a bowl, combine the broth and the next 8 ingredients (through ginger), stirring well.
Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
Cover the slower cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 4 to 5 hours.
Before serving, thicken the sauce a bit with guar or xanthan.
Serve over Cauliflower Rice (page 212), if desired.
Or for the carbivores, you can serve it over brown rice, lo mein noodles, or plain old spaghetti.
Each with 36 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs. Analysis does not include side dishes.