Seriously Spicy Citrus Chicken Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Seriously Spicy Citrus Chicken which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- cup (60 ml) olive oil
- cup (120 ml) lime juice
- cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (12 g) red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (11.2 g) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (8 g) grated ginger
- cup (6 g) Splenda
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons (8 g) chopped cilantro
Cut the chicken into 4 servings, if necessary.
Saute the chicken in the olive oil over medium-high heat, covering the pan but tilting the lid.
While it's sauteing, mix together the lime juice, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, and Splenda.
After the chicken has turned golden on both sides (about 4 to 5 minutes per side), pour the lime juice mixture into the skillet and turn the breasts over to coat both sides.
Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes on each side and then move the chicken to serving plates, scraping the liquid from the pan over the chicken.
Scatter sliced scallions and chopped cilantro over each portion and serve.
Each with 8 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 7 grams of usable carbs and 32 grams of protein.