Apricot-Bourbon Chicken Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Apricot-Bourbon Chicken which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) butter, divided
- cup (60 g) chopped pecans
- cup (80 g) low-sugar apricot preserves
- cup (60 ml) bourbon
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) plain tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- cup (40 g) minced onion
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
First, pound the chicken breasts until they're inch (1.
3 cm) thick all over and cut into 6 portions.
Brown them in 2 tablespoons (28 g) of butter in a large, heavy skillet over high heat.
While the breasts are browning, melt the last tablespoon of butter in a small, heavy skillet and stir in the pecans.
Stir them over medium-high heat for a few minutes until they begin to turn golden.
Remove from the heat and reserve.
Stir together the preserves, bourbon, tomato sauce, mustard, garlic, and onion.
When the chicken is light golden on both sides, pour this mixture into the skillet.
Turn the chicken over once or twice to coat both sides with the sauce.
Cover with a tilted lid and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with the sauce spooned over each portion and top each with the toasted pecans and sliced scallions.
Each with 7 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 6 grams of usable carbs and 35 grams of protein.