Chicken-Almond Stir-Fry Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken-Almond Stir-Fry which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into -inch (1.3-cm) cubes
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce
- cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) or so fresh ginger, grated
- teaspoon guar (optional)
- Peanut oil (Canola or coconut oil would work, too.)
- cup (40 g) slivered almonds
- 1 cups (110 g) snow peas, cut in half
- 1 cups (105 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 15 scallions, cut into pieces about 1 inch (2.5 cm) long
- cup (50 g) sliced water chestnuts (optional; They increase the carb
- count, but they're tasty.)
There's one hard-and-fast rule with stir-fries: Make sure all your ingredients are chopped, sliced, and grated before you begin cooking.
Once your ingredients are ready, stir together the soy sauce, sherry, garlic, and ginger.
(If you're using the guar, put these seasonings through the blender with the guar.
) Heat a couple of teaspoons of the peanut oil in a wok or large, heavy skillet over high heat.
Add the almonds and stir-fry them until they're light golden.
Remove and set aside.
Heat another couple of tablespoons (30 ml) of oil in the pan and add the snow peas, mushrooms, scallions, and water chestnuts (if using) to the pan.
Stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until just barely tender-crisp.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Heat another couple of tablespoons (30 ml) of oil in the pan and add the chicken.
Stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until done; there should be no pink left.
Return the vegetables to the skillet and add the soy sauce/sherry mixture.
Toss everything together well.
Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
Top with the almonds and serve.
Each with 18 grams of carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber, for a total of 12 grams of usable carbs and 36 grams of protein.