Thai-ish Chicken Basil Stir-Fry Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Thai-ish Chicken Basil Stir-Fry which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into -inch (1.3-cm) cubes
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- teaspoon guar or xanthan
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Peanut, canola, or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cups (225 g) frozen, crosscut green beans, thawed
Combine the fish sauce, soy sauce, Splenda, and guar or xanthan in a blender.
Blend for several seconds, then turn off the blender and add the basil and red pepper flakes, and set aside.
Heat a few tablespoons (30 ml) of oil in a wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
When the oil is hot, add the garlic, chicken, and onion and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the green beans and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through.
Stir the fish sauce mixture into the stir-fry, turn the heat to medium, cover, and let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes (the beans should be tender-crisp).
Each with 13 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber, for a total of 10 grams of usable carbs and 31 grams of protein.