Thai Chicken Bowls Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Thai Chicken Bowls which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 8 boneless, skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cubed (a little over 2
- lbs/1 kg)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 28 ounces (850 ml) chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower
- Guar or xanthan
- 6 tablespoons (35 g) sliced scallions
- 6 tablespoons (24 g) chopped cilantro
In a bowl, combine the hot pepper sauce, if using, with the broth and pour it into the slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 5 to 6 hours.
Okay, it's almost supper time.
Run the cauliflower through the shredding blade of your food processor to make cauli-rice.
Put the cauli-rice in a microwaveable casserole dish with a lid, add a couple of tablespoons (30 ml) of water, cover, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
Thicken up the sauce in the slow cooker with a little guar or xanthan to about the texture of heavy cream.
Okay, the cauli-rice is done! Uncover it immediately, drain, and divide it into 6 bowls.
Divide the chicken mixture, ladling it over the cauli-rice.
Top with the scallions and cilantro.
Each with 20 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 3 g usable carbs.