Ginger Marinated Chuck Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Ginger Marinated Chuck which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) boneless chuck, 1 to 2 inches (4 to 5 cm) thick
- 2 teaspoons meat tenderizer
- cup (60 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- cup (60 ml) vinaigrette dressing (I use Paul Newman's.)
- 2 tablespoons (3.8 g) Splenda
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cider vinegar
- teaspoon soy sauce
First, sprinkle a teaspoon of tenderizer over one side of the meat, pierce it all over with a fork, flip it over, and repeat with the rest of the tenderizer.
Now put the meat in a large resealable plastic bag or in a shallow, nonreactive pan.
Mix together everything else and reserve some of the mixture for basting.
Pour the rest over the meat.
If you're using a resealable plastic bag, press out the air and seal it.
Either way, turn the chuck steak over once or twice to make sure it's coated with the marinade.
Stash it in the fridge and let it marinate for at least several hours, and overnight is better.
When it's time to cook, get the grill going, setting your gas grill to medium or letting your charcoal get a good coat of ash.
Pull your steak out of the marinade and grill it for about 10 minutes per side, basting frequently with the reserved marinade and using a clean utensil each time.
Each serving will have 3 grams of carbohydrate?again, that's if you consume all of the marinade. I'd count no more than 1 gram of carbohydrate per serving and 24 grams of protein.