Thai Hot Pot Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Thai Hot Pot which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 14 ounces (425 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam) or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- cup (85 g) natural peanut butter
- 1 pound (455 g) shrimp, shelled
- 1 cup (75 g) fresh snow pea pods, cut into -inch (1.3-cm) pieces
- Guar or xanthan
- 6 cups (720 g) Cauliflower Rice
- cup (40 g) chopped peanuts
Put the chicken in your slow cooker and add the carrot, onion, and garlic.
In a blender, combine the coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce or soy sauce, lime juice, Splenda, hot pepper sauce, and peanut butter and blend until smooth.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables, using a rubber scraper to make sure you get all of it! Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 hours.
Stir in the shrimp and snow peas, re-cover the slow cooker, and turn it up to high.
Cook for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are pink all the way through.
Thicken the sauce slightly with guar or xanthan.
Serve over the Cauliflower Rice (or brown rice for the carb-eaters).
Top each serving with the peanuts.
Each with 33 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 7 g dietary fiber, 12 g usable carbs. Analysis does not include Cauliflower Rice.