Chicken in Creamy Horseradish Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken in Creamy Horseradish Sauce which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) cut-up chicken
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) prepared horseradish
- 4 ounces (115 g) cream cheese, cut into chunks
- cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- Guar or xanthan (optional)
In a big, heavy skillet, brown the chicken in the butter and oil over medium-high heat.
Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker.
In a bowl, stir together the broth, bouillon, and horseradish.
Pour the mixture over the chicken.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 hours.
When the time's up, remove the chicken with tongs and put it on a platter.
Melt the cream cheese into the sauce in the slow cooker.
Stir in the cream.
Thicken the sauce with guar or xanthan if you think it needs it.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
I think this would be good with Fauxtatoes and green beans.
Each with 30 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 1 g usable carbs. Analysis does not include side