Slow Cooker Brewery Chicken and Vegetables Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Slow Cooker Brewery Chicken and Vegetables which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 2 to 3 pounds (1.3 to 1.4 kg) cut-up chicken (I use leg and thigh
- quarters, cut apart at the joints.)
- 8 ounces (225 g) turnips (two turnips roughly the size of tennis
- balls), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chicken bouillon concentrate
- 12 ounces (360 ml) light beer
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) tomatoes with green chiles
- Guar or xanthan (optional)
Put the turnips, celery, carrot, onion, bouillon, and chicken in a slow cooker.
Pour the beer and the tomatoes over the lot.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 to 9 hours.
When the time's up, remove the chicken with tongs and place it on a serving platter.
Then use a slotted spoon to scoop out the vegetables.
Put 1 cups (360 ml) of them in a blender and pile the rest on and around the chicken on the platter.
Scoop out 1 to 2 cups (360 to 480 ml) of the liquid left in the slow cooker and put it in the blender with the vegetables.
Puree the vegetables and broth and thicken the mixture a little more with the guar or xanthan, if it seems necessary.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve as a sauce with the chicken and vegetables.
Each with 30 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 8 g usable carbs.