Chicken Stew Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken Stew which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch
- (2.5-cm) cubes
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces (225 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cups (345 g) zucchini slices
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 400 g) tomato wedges
- cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 tablespoon (3 g) poultry seasoning
- Guar or xanthan
In a big, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the oil.
Brown the chicken until it is golden all over.
Transfer the chicken to a slow Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of oil in the skillet and saute the mushrooms, onion, and zucchini until the mushrooms change color and the onions are translucent.
Transfer them to the slow cooker, too.
Add the garlic and tomatoes to the slow cooker.
Put the broth and bouillon in the skillet and stir them around to dissolve any flavorful bits sticking to the skillet.
Pour into the slow cooker.
Sprinkle the poultry seasoning over the mixture.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 4 to 5 hours.
When the time's up, thicken the liquid in the slow cooker with guar or xanthan.
Each with 11 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 10 g usable carbs.