Chicken and Dumplings Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken and Dumplings which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1' cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chunked
- 2 medium turnips, cut into -inch (1.3-cm) cubes
- 1 cups (225 g) frozen green beans, cross-cut
- 8 ounces (225 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cups (360 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon concentrate
- cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- Guar or xanthan
In a slow cooker, combine the carrots, onion, turnips, green beans, mushrooms, and chicken.
In a bowl, mix together the broth, poultry seasoning, and bouillon.
Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 to 7 hours.
When the time's up, stir in the cream and thicken the gravy to a nice consistency with guar or xanthan.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recover the slow cooker and turn it to high.
While the slow cooker is heating up (it'll take at least 30 minutes), make the Dumplings, stopping before you add the liquid.
Wait until the gravy in the slow cooker is boiling.
Then stir in the buttermilk to the Dumpling dough and drop it by spoonfuls over the surface of the chicken and gravy.
Re-cover the slow cooker and let it cook for another 25 to 30 minutes.
Each with 36 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 10 g usable carbs (calculations include the dumplings).