Chicken Burritos Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken Burritos which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 2 pounds (1.1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (15.6 g) chili powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large jalapeno, minced, or 2 teaspoons canned jalapenos
- 12 6-inch (15-cm) low-carb tortillas
- 1 cup (20 g) shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (115 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- cup (180 g) light sour cream
- cup (195 g) salsa
- cup (32 g) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
In a bowl, mix the garlic, chili powder, oil, lime juice, salt, and jalapeno together.
Pour over the chicken and stir to coat.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 10 hours.
(Or cook on high for 5 hours.
) When the time's up, stir the mixture with a fork to reduce the chicken to a big pot of tasty chicken shreds.
Fill each tortilla with cup chicken (75 g) and top with lettuce, cheese, 1 tablespoon (15 g) sour cream, a generous tablespoon salsa, and a sprinkling of cilantro, if desired.
Wrap and devour! This is a great meal for a family that has some low-carbers and some non?low-carbers? just give them regular or (preferably) whole wheat flour tortillas.
The chicken keeps well in the fridge, and it reheats quickly in the microwave for a fast snack.
(I find that 45 seconds on 70 percent power is about right for a -cup serving.
Each with 22 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 9 g dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs.