Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Turkey Tetrazzini which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 cups (330 g) diced leftover turkey
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 4-ounce (115 g) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (240 ml) half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon concentrate
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) dry sherry 1 teaspoon guar or xanthan (It's
- optional, but it makes the sauce thicker.)
- cup (75 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups (675 g) cooked spaghetti squash, scraped into strings
Over medium heat, melt the butter in a heavy skillet and start the onions and the mushrooms sauteing in it.
While that's cooking, combine the cream, halfand- half, bouillon concentrate, sherry, and guar, if you're using it, in a blender and blend it for just ten seconds or so to combine.
Go back and stir the vegetables! When the onion is limp and translucent, transfer half of the vegetables into the blender, add the Parmesan cheese, and blend for another 20 seconds or so to puree the vegetables.
Combine this cream sauce with the spaghetti squash, the rest of the vegetables, and the turkey and mix everything well.
Put in a 10-cup (2.
4-L) casserole dish that you've sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake uncovered at 400F (200C, or gas mark 6) for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
6 to 8 servings
Assuming 6, each will have 7 g carbohydrate; trace fiber; 24 g protein; 7 g usable This tetrazzini is wonderful; everyone who tries it loves it.