Sloppy Toms Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Sloppy Toms which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- cup (55 g) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Anaheim chili pepper, diced
- cup (120 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
In a big, heavy skillet, start browning and breaking up the ground turkey in the olive oil.
Throw in the onion, garlic, and diced pepper.
When all the pink is gone from the turkey, stir in the ketchup, mustard, vinegar, Splenda, and Worcestershire sauce.
Simmer the whole thing for 5 minutes before serving.
4 to 5 servings
Assuming 5, each will have 17 g protein; 10 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 8 g usable carbs. Analysis does not include cauli-rice or low-carb rolls.