Turkey with Mushroom Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Turkey with Mushroom Sauce which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) boneless, skinless turkey breast (in one big hunk,
- not thin cutlets)
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- cup (15.2 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (70 grams) sliced mushrooms
- cup (120 ml) dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- Guar or xanthan (optional)
In a big, heavy skillet, saute the turkey in the butter until it's golden all over.
Transfer the turkey to a slow cooker.
Sprinkle the parsley, tarragon, salt or Vege-Sal, and pepper over the turkey.
Place the mushrooms on top.
In a bowl, mix the wine and bouillon together until the bouillon dissolves.
Pour it over the turkey.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 to 8 hours.
When the time's up, remove the turkey and put it on a platter.
Transfer about half of the mushrooms to a blender and add the liquid from the slow cooker.
Blend until the mushrooms are pureed.
Scoop the rest of the mushrooms into the dish you plan to use to serve the sauce, add the liquid, and thicken further with guar or xanthan, if needed.
Each with 34 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 1 g usable carbs.