Autumn Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Autumn Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- cup (60 g) chopped walnuts
- 10 cups (200 g) loosely packed assorted greens (romaine, red leaf
- lettuce, and fresh spinach)
- sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- teaspoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- ripe pear, chopped
- cup (40 g) crumbled blue cheese
Melt the butter in a small, heavy skillet over medium heat.
Add the walnuts and let them toast in the butter, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
While the walnuts are toasting?and make sure you keep an eye on them and don't burn them?wash and dry your greens and put them in salad bowl with the onion.
Toss with the oil first.
Then combine the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper and add that to the salad bowl.
Toss until everything is well covered.
Top the salad with the pear, the warm toasted walnuts, and the crumbled blue cheese; serve.
4 generous servings
Each with 13 grams of carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber, for a total of 7 grams of usable carbs and 10 grams of protein.