Classic Spinach Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Classic Spinach Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 4 cups (80 g) fresh spinach
- large, sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons Splenda
- small onion, grated
- teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, and crumbled
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
Wash the spinach very well and dry.
Tear up the larger leaves.
Combine with the onion in a salad bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix up the oil, vinegar, tomato paste, Splenda, onion, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the mixture over the spinach and onion and toss.
Top the salad with the bacon and egg; serve.
2 generous servings
Each with 7 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 5 grams of usable carbs and 2 grams of protein.