Mixed Greens with Warm Brie Dressing Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Mixed Greens with Warm Brie Dressing which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 6 cups (120 g) torn romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 6 cups (120 g) torn red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 cups (40 g) torn radicchio, washed and dried
- 1 cup (60 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, including the crisp part of the green shoot
- cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 ounces (170 g) Brie, rind removed, cut into small chunks
- cup (60 ml) sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Put the lettuces, radicchio, parsley, and scallions in a large salad bowl and keep cold.
Put the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add the onion and garlic and let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Melt in the Brie, one chunk at a time, continuously stirring with a whisk.
(It'll look dreadful at first, but don't sweat it.
) When all the cheese is melted in, whisk in the sherry vinegar, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
Let it cook for a few minutes, stirring all the while, until your dressing is smooth and thick.
Pour over the salad and toss.
Each with 7 grams of carbohydrates and 3 of fiber, for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 8 grams of protein.