Chef's Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chef's Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 10 cups (200 g) romaine, iceberg, red leaf, or any other favorite lettuce
- pound (115 g) deli turkey breast
- pound (115 g) deli ham
- pound (115 g) deli roast beef
- pound (115 g) Swiss cheese
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips or rings
- sweet red onion, cut into rings
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved or quartered
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut vertically into 8 wedges each
- Salad dressing
Make nice beds of the lettuce on 4 serving plates.
Cut the turkey, ham, roast beef, and Swiss cheese into strips.
(It's nice, by the way, to get fairly thickly sliced meat and cheese for this.
) Arrange all of this artistically on the beds of lettuce and garnish with the pepper, onion, eggs, and tomatoes.
Let each diner add his or her own dressing.
Each with 13 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 9 grams of usable carbs and 37 grams of protein. (Analysis does not include salad dressing.)