Our Favorite Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Our Favorite Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 1 clove garlic
- cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine
- cup (30 g) chopped fresh parsley
- green pepper, diced
- cucumber, quartered and sliced
- sweet red onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- cup (25 g) Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges
Crush the clove of garlic in a small bowl, cover it with the olive oil, and set it aside.
Wash and dry your romaine, break it up into a bowl, and add the parsley, pepper, cucumber, and onion.
Pour the garlic-flavored oil over the salad and toss until every leaf is covered.
Sprinkle on the lemon juice and toss again.
Then sprinkle on the Worcestershire sauce and toss again.
Finally, sprinkle on the Parmesan and toss one last time.
Top with the tomatoes and serve.
Each with 7 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber, for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 4 grams of protein.