Cube Steaks in Gravy Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Cube Steaks in Gravy which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) cube steaks
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces (225 g) sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups (710 ml) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) beef bouillon concentrate
- Guar or xanthan
In a big, heavy skillet, heat the oil and brown the steaks on both sides.
Put the onion and mushrooms in a slow cooker.
In a bowl, stir the broth and bouillon and pour the mixture over the vegetables.
Place the steaks on top.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 to 7 hours.
When the time's up, remove the steaks and thicken the sauce with guar or xanthan to your liking.
Each with 29 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 4 g usable carbs.