Nicer Nicoise Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Nicer Nicoise which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- head cauliflower
- 1 pound (455 g) bag frozen, crosscut green beans, thawed but not cooked
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- to cup (15 to 30 g) fresh parsley, minced
- medium, red onion, diced
- 8 to 10 olives, sliced (I used stuffed olives, but use whatever you
- like best.)
- to cup (120 to 180 ml) vinaigrette dressing (homemade or bottled)
- Lettuce (to line plate)
- 3 cans (6 ounces, or 170 g each) tuna, drained
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
Slice your cauliflower quite thin.
Put it in a microwave-safe bowl with about 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of water, cover, and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes (we're looking for it to be just tender).
Combine the green beans, garlic, parsley, onion, and olives in a good-size bowl.
When the cauliflower is done, add that as well, and pour cup (120 ml) of dressing over the whole thing.
Stir well and stick it in the fridge.
Let it marinate for several hours to a day, stirring now and then when you think of it.
When you're ready to eat the salad, put a few nice lettuce leaves on each plate and spoon a mound of the marinated mixture on top.
Put the tuna on top and in the middle?use as much as you like?and surround it with slices of hardboiled egg and tomato.
Garnish it with more olives, drizzle more dressing on top, if you like, and serve.
Each with 12 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber, for a total of 9 grams of usable carbs and 30 grams of protein.