Cauliflower-Mozzarella Salad Basilico Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Cauliflower-Mozzarella Salad Basilico which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- head cauliflower, run through the shredding blade of a food processor
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 15 strong black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- pound (150 g) mozzarella, cut in -inch (1.3-cm) cubes
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) finely minced sweet red onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- cup homemade or purchased pesto
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) wine vinegar
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
Cook the cauliflower "rice" until tender-crisp (about 5 minutes on high in a microwave).
Let it cool.
When the "rice" is cool, add the tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, and onion and toss well.
Whisk together the olive oil, pesto, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Pour the mixture over the salad and toss.
Let the salad sit for at least a half an hour for the flavors to blend; overnight wouldn't hurt.
Each with 6 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 5 grams of usable carbs and 9 grams of protein.