Ginger-Almond Chicken Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Ginger-Almond Chicken Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- cup (60 ml) Teriyaki Sauce
- 6 cups (120 g) iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 6 cups (120 g) red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups (150 g) shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups (150 g) shredded cabbage (Use bagged Coleslaw mix, if you like.)
- cup (60 g) shredded carrot
- 8 scallions, sliced, including the crisp part of the green shoot
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter
- cup (80 g) slivered almonds
- 1 cup (240 ml) Ginger Salad Dressing
Marinate the chicken breasts in the Teriyaki Sauce for at least 30 minutes, and all day won't hurt a bit.
When mealtime rolls around, plug in your electric tabletop grill to preheat.
While that's happening, start assembling the lettuce, cabbage, carrot, and scallions in a big salad bowl.
Okay, the grill's hot.
Throw your chicken breasts in and set a timer for 3 minutes.
Melt the butter in a medium skillet and start sauteing the almonds in it.
You want them just barely golden.
While the chicken and almonds are cooking, pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss the salad.
The timer went off! Go baste the chicken on both sides with the Teriyaki Sauce it marinated in and close the grill again.
Reset the timer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir the almonds while you're there! Whew! Okay, the chicken is done, and the almonds are golden.
First, take the almonds off the heat so they don't burn.
Now remove your chicken from the grill to your cutting board.
Pile the salad on four serving plates.
Slice the chicken breasts and divide between the four salads.
Top each with almonds and serve.
Each with 48 g protein; 21 g carbohydrate; 8 g dietary fiber; 13 g usable carbs.