Asian Chicken Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Asian Chicken Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- cup (60 g) walnuts, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups (210 g) thinly sliced bok choy
- 3 cups (210 g) thinly sliced napa cabbage
- cup (30 g) grated carrots
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- cup (50 g) sliced scallions
- cup (30 g) chopped fresh cilantro
- cup (80 ml) soy sauce
- cup (60 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (3 g) Splenda
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
Put the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and toast the walnuts, stirring for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they're brown and crisp.
Grill your chicken breasts and slice them into strips.
(I use my electric tabletop grill, but you can use whatever method you prefer.
) Combine the bok choy, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, scallions, and cilantro in a big bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, Splenda, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
Pour about two-thirds of this dressing over the salad and toss well, coating all the vegetables.
Heap the salad onto four serving plates, top each with a sliced chicken breast, and drizzle the rest of the dressing over them.
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve.
4 generous servings
Each with 15 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 11 grams of usable carbs and 36 grams of protein.