Thai Cobb Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Thai Cobb Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 12 ounces (340 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Teriyaki Sauce
- 6 cups (120 g) torn mixed greens (I used romaine, leaf lettuce, and
- cup (30 g) chopped cilantro
- cup (120 ml) Ginger Salad Dressing
- teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- black avocado
- cup (40 g) shredded carrot
- cup (30 g) chopped peanuts
- 4 scallions, sliced, including the crisp part of the green shoot
- 1 cup (100 g) diced cucumber
Put the chicken in a resealable plastic bag with the Teriyaki Sauce.
Seal the bag, pressing out the air as you go, and turn the bag a few times to coat.
Let the chicken marinate for at least hour, and longer would be nice.
When the time comes to actually make your salad, pull out your marinated chicken and pour off the marinade.
Heat your electric tabletop grill.
While the grill is heating, put your greens in a big salad bowl with the cilantro, add the Ginger Salad Dressing and red pepper flakes, and toss well.
Okay, the grill is hot.
Throw in the chicken and set a timer for 5 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, slice your avocado.
Pile the dressed greens on two serving plates.
Arrange the various ingredients in stripes or in spoke fashion, leaving room for the chicken.
When the timer beeps, pull out the chicken, throw it on your cutting board, and slice or cube it.
Arrange it on the salads as well and serve.
2 to 3 servings
Assuming 2, each will have 50 g protein; 25 g carbohydrate; 12 g dietary fiber; 13 g usable carbs.