Taco Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Taco Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 8 cups (160 g) romaine or iceberg lettuce, washed, dried, and broken up
- 1 cup (150 g) diced green pepper
- medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced into thin wedges, or 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- cup (80 g) diced sweet red onion
- ripe black avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into small chunks
- cup (32 g) cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 can (4 ounces, or 115 g) sliced black olives, drained (optional)
- cup (173 g) salsa plus additional for topping
- cup (120 ml) Ranch Dressing
- 1 batch Chicken or Beef Taco Filling
- 1 cup (120 g) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
Put the lettuce, pepper, cucumber, tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro (if using), and olives (if using) in a large salad bowl.
Stir together the 2/3 cup (173 g) of salsa and the ranch dressing, pour it over the salad, and toss.
Divide the salad between the serving plates and top each one with the taco filling and shredded cheese.
Put the salsa and sour cream on the table so that folks can add their own.
Each with 12 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 8 grams of usable carbs and 22 grams of protein.