Artichoke Prosciutto Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Artichoke Prosciutto Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 400 g) artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 ounces (55 g) prosciutto or good-quality deli ham, thinly sliced
- cup (50 g) chopped kalamata olives
- 1 medium tomato
- cup (10 g) chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts and throw them into a mixing bowl.
Cut the prosciutto or ham into strips about 1 inch (2.
5 cm) long and inch (6 mm) wide and throw that in, too.
Chop the olives and add them; then dice the tomato and put that in.
Finally, throw in the chopped fresh basil.
Mix together everything else and pour it over the vegetables.
Let it marinate for several hours before serving.
Each serving will have 7 grams protein, 10 grams carbohydrate, and 1 gram fiber, for a usable carb count of 9 grams?but a lot of the fiber in artichokes is in the form of inulin, which has a very low glycemic index, so this is considerably easier on your blood sugar than that 9-gram figure would suggest.