Submarine Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Submarine Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 8 cups (160 g) shredded lettuce, loosely packed
- 1 ounce (30 g) prosciutto or boiled ham
- 1 ounce (30 g) capacolla
- 1 ounce (30 g) mortadella
- 1 ounce (30 g) Genoa salami
- 1 ounce (30 g) provolone cheese (smoked provolone if you can get it!)
- 1 ounce (30 g) mozzarella cheese
- medium red onion, sliced paper-thin
- 3 tablespoons (21 g) roasted red pepper, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, minced
- small tomato, sliced in thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash salt
Make a bed of lettuce on each of two serving plates.
Slice the meats and cheeses into strips.
Arrange artistically on the beds of lettuce.
Top that with the onion, diced red pepper, and chopped fresh basil.
Add the tomato wedges, too.
Now mix together the oil, garlic, vinegar, pepper, and salt.
Drizzle it over the salads and then serve.
Each with 18 g protein; 13 g carbohydrate; 5 g dietary fiber; 8 g usable carbs.