Italian Roast Beef Salad Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Italian Roast Beef Salad which belongs to the Salads recipe category.
- 8 cups (160 g) bagged European or Italian blend greens
- cup (40 g) thinly sliced sweet red onion
- medium green pepper, sliced into small strips
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoons (23 ml) balsamic vinegar
- teaspoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- cup (30 g) crumbled Gorgonzola
- 4 ounces (115 g) sliced deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons (18 g) toasted pine nuts
Place the greens, onion, and green pepper in a large salad bowl.
Combine the oil and garlic, pour over the salad, and toss well.
Stir together the balsamic vinegar and mustard and set them aside.
Crumble the Gorgonzola (if you didn't buy it precrumbled) and add it to the salad.
Slice the roast beef into strips and throw it in there, too.
Pour the balsamic vinegar mixture over the whole thing and toss very well.
Pile onto 2 serving plates, top each with a tablespoon of pine nuts, and serve.
Each with 19 grams of carbohydrates and 9 grams of fiber, for a total of 10 grams of usable carbs and 27 grams of protein. You'll also get 1,153 milligrams of potassium and 247 milligrams of calcium, plus almost three times your daily requirements of vitamins C and A, and 100 percent of your daily requirement of folacin.