Beef in Beer Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Beef in Beer which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) boneless beef round roast
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces, or 225 g) tomato sauce
- 12 ounces (360 ml) light beer
- 1 teaspoon instant tea powder
- 1 can (4 ounces, or 115 g) unsweetened mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Heat oil in a big, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and sear the beef until it's brown all over.
Transfer the beef to a slow cooker.
In the oil left in the skillet, fry the onion for a few minutes and add that to the slow cooker, too.
Pour the tomato sauce and beer over the beef.
Sprinkle the tea over it and add the mushrooms and garlic.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 to 9 hours.
This is good served with Fauxtatoes
Each with 28 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs. Analysis does not include Fauxtatoes.