Duck Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- 1 bag (1 pound, or 455 g) unsweetened frozen peaches or 2 to 3 cups
- (500 to 600 g) sliced, peeled fresh peaches
- cup (120 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (3 g) Splenda
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Put all the ingredients in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring them to a simmer.
Cook, uncovered, until the peaches are soft (about 30 minutes).
Puree the duck sauce in a blender, if you like, or do what I do: simply mash the sauce with a potato masher or a fork.
(I like the texture better this way.
About 2 cups (480 ml)
Each 2 tablespoon (30 ml) serving has 3 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 2 grams of usable carbs and no protein. It's best to freeze this if you're not going to use it up right away.