Cranberry Barbecue Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Cranberry Barbecue Sauce which belongs to the Sauces and Seasoning recipe category.
- cup (120 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons (4.5 g) Splenda
- 1 clove garlic
- small onion, cut in hunks
- 1 cup (25 g) fresh cranberries
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
This one starts in your food processor.
Dump everything into the food processor with the S-blade in place and puree until the cranberries disappear.
Scrape the mixture out of the food processor into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
Let it simmer, stirring now and then, for just a few minutes.
Thin with a little water if needed.
About 1 cup (240 ml), or 8 servings of 2 tablespoons (30 ml) each
4 grams of carbohydrate, with 1 gram of fiber, for a usable carb count of 3 grams; a trace of protein.