Texas BBQ Brisket Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Texas BBQ Brisket Sauce which belongs to the Sauces and Seasoning recipe category.
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- cup (80 g) minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (240 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (7.8 g) chili powder
- cup (6 g) Splenda
- teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (such as the one made by Colgin)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon cayenne
Melt the butter in a nonreactive saucepan and saute the onion and garlic for 4 or 5 minutes.
Add everything else, whisk it smooth, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
Let the whole thing simmer for 5 minutes or so.
It's hot! It's wonderful, too, especially on beef.
Makes about 2 cups (480 ml), or 16 servings of 2 tablespoons
4 grams of carbohydrate per serving, with 1 gram of fiber, for a usable carb count of 3 grams.