North-South-East-West Barbecue Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for North-South-East-West Barbecue Sauce which belongs to the Sauces and Seasoning recipe category.
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) minced onion
- cup (120 ml) bourbon
- cup (120 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- teaspoon orange extract
- cup (60 ml) sugar-free pancake syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons (3 g) Splenda
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- green pepper, minced
- teaspoon cayenne
In a nonreactive saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and saute the onion for 5 minutes or so.
Add everything else, stir it up, and bring it to a simmer.
Let it cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
Makes roughly 1 cup (240 ml), or 8 servings of 2 tablespoons
8 grams of carb, with 1 gram of fiber, for a usable carb count of 7 grams. This count does not include the polyols in the sugar-free pancake syrup.