Florida Sunshine Tangerine Barbecue Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Florida Sunshine Tangerine Barbecue Sauce which belongs to the Sauces and Seasoning recipe category.
- 1 12-ounce (360-ml) can Diet-Rite tangerine soda
- cup (6 g) Splenda
- 1 tablespoon (7.8 g) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- teaspoon cayenne
- teaspoon coriander
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 whole bay leaf
- cup (120 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar-free imitation honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- cup (180 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
Pour the soda into a nonreactive saucepan and turn the heat under it to medium-low.
While that's heating, measure the other ingredients into the sauce.
By the time you get to the ketchup, it should be simmering.
Whisk everything together until smooth and let it simmer over lowest heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Makes about 3 cups (710 ml), or 24 servings of 2 tablespoons
Only 3 grams of carb per serving, with a trace of fiber, a trace of polyols, a trace of protein.