Sweet Spice Islands Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Sweet Spice Islands Sauce which belongs to the Sauces and Seasoning recipe category.
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- cup (40 g) minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- cup (80 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar-free imitation honey
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) Sweet Spice Islands Rub
Melt the butter over lowest heat in a nonreactive saucepan and saute the onion and garlic in it for 4 or 5 minutes.
Whisk in everything else, bring to a simmer, and let it cook for 5 minutes or so.
Makes a little over 1 cup (240 ml), or about 9 servings of 2
9 grams of carbohydrate per serving, but 2 grams of that are the polyols in the imitation honey, and 1 gram is fiber, so count 6 grams of usable carb; 1 gram protein.