Balsamic Pot Roast Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Balsamic Pot Roast which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.6 kg) beef round, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (240 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon concentrate
- cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- teaspoon dried rosemary, ground
- 1 cup (240 g) canned diced tomatoes
- Guar or xanthan
In a big, heavy skillet, sear the beef in the oil until browned all over.
Transfer the beef to a slow cooker.
Scatter the onion and garlic around the beef.
In a bowl, stir together the broth, bouillon, vinegar, and rosemary.
Pour the mixture over the beef.
Pour the tomatoes on top.
Season with pepper.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 hours.
When the time's up, remove the beef with tongs and place it on a serving platter.
Scoop the onions out with a slotted spoon and pile them around the roast.
Thicken the juice left in the slow cooker with guar or xanthan and serve it with the beef.
Each with 42 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 5 g usable