Ginger Beef Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Ginger Beef which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 3- to 4-pound (1.4- to 1.8-kg) boneless chuck or round roast, about 2
- inches (5 cm) thick
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
Place the oil in a large, heavy skillet and brown the roast in it over medium-high heat.
When both sides are well-seared, add the onion, garlic, and tomatoes.
In a bowl, stir the Splenda and ginger into the vinegar and add that mixture to the skillet, stirring to combine.
Cover the skillet, turn the heat to low, and let the whole thing simmer for about 1 hours.
Serve with the vegetables piled on top.
A 3-pound (1.4-kg) roast should yield at least 6 servings
Each with 6 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 5 grams of usable carbs and 47 grams of protein.