Jerk Marinade Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- 1 or 2 Scotch Bonnet or habanero peppers, with or without seeds and
- ribs (the hottest parts)
- small onion
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) oil
- 1 tablespoon ground (5.7 g) allspice
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Put all the ingredients in a food processor with the S-blade in place and process until the mixture is fairly smooth.
(You'll get a soft paste that looks like mud but smells like heaven!) Smear this over the meat of your choice and let it sit for a day before cooking.
Remember to always wash your hands after handling hot peppers!
Enough for about 4 servings of meat
Each serving serving of Jerk Marinade adds 4 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 3 grams of usable carbs and no protein.