Apricot-Chipotle Glaze Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Apricot-Chipotle Glaze which belongs to the Sauces and Seasoning recipe category.
- cup (80 g) minced red onion
- cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- cup (120 ml) red wine vinegar
- cup (160 g) low-sugar apricot preserves
- 2 chipotle chiles canned in adobo
- 5 tablespoons (7.5 g) Splenda
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
In a saucepan, saute the onion in the oil until it's soft.
Add the garlic and vinegar and whisk in the preserves.
Bring to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes or so.
Let it cool for a few minutes and then pour the glaze into a blender and add the chipotles, Splenda, and lemon juice.
Whirl until the chipotles are ground up.
Use to baste meat or poultry that's roasting or grilling.
12 to 14 servings
Assuming 14, each will have trace protein; 4 g carbohydrate; trace dietary fiber; 4 g usable carbs.