Classic Barbecue Rub Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- cup (6 g) Splenda
- 1 tablespoon (12 g) seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon (8.4 g) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon (12 g) celery salt
- 1 tablespoon (7.2 g) onion powder
- 2 tablespoons (12.6 g) paprika
- 1 tablespoon (7.8 g) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- teaspoon dried thyme
- teaspoon cayenne
Combine everything, stir well, and store in a shaker.
Sprinkle heavily over just about anything, but especially over pork ribs and chicken.
Makes just over cup (100 g), or roughly 12 tablespoons
3 g carbohydrate, with 1 g fiber, for a usable carb count of 2 g; 1 g protein.