Memphis "Dry Sauce" Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- cup (12 g) Splenda
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon (7.8 g) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon (6.3 g) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (9 g) dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon (6.3 g) paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Just combine everything in a food processor or blender until the molasses is distributed?for some odd reason, I find a blender works better for this.
Then sprinkle over pork or chicken before smoking.
Makes roughly cup (60 g), or 12 servings of 1 tablespoon (5 g)
3 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of fiber, for a usable carb count of 2 grams; a trace of protein.